Page 49 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning lessons and taking it forward

Oooo that's a horrible experience at the drs!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yesterday and today I’ve been to the dentist. I have gum disease which, the hygienist told me today, is because my various medications are severely drying my mouth out. So, I’ve got to have a regime of brushing my teeth for 4 minutes, mouthwash (at £8 a pop) mid morning and mid afternoon and not spitting out toothpaste - yuck. I’ve also got to have another bridge. Si and I had a dust up last night because he didn’t get how my weight, my teeth and just general health stuff is severely affecting my self confidence at the moment. I cried a lot and shouted a lot. I’m just fed up with it all
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I really feel for you. I sympathise as I have dental issues - again caused through meds. Sweetheart are you being kind to you today?

Walker extraordinaire!
    sending hugs
    I am becoming very long in the tooth due to gum disease which no amount of brushing and glossing seems to cure. it's a real pain.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Thank you, girls. Suzi, I decided that, as I’ve had a tough and busy week, have a busy day tomorrow, and have been taking Si to the train station at 7am every day this week, that I’m not going to Rock Choir tonight - I need the rest
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm so pour of you for making the decision to put your health first and rest... What have you got on tomorrow? Anything that can be postponed if needed?
    Did you and Si sort out your argument last night?

Tomorrow I’m visiting my friend whose just had a horrible treatment to try to ‘fix’ her CRPS in her foot - she lives alone so needs the company atm. Then there’s yoga (which will be good for me).
    Si told me so many lovely things last night but he also said I should have told him I was struggling. He said that for someone who’s so open and honest, He couldn’t believe I was holding it all in..... so today, after the hygienist, I rang him at work and told him how ed off I was about it and dared him to complain

EJ

I'm so glad that you talked to him - and he's right. Stop holding it in!!!

Make sure with everything tomorrow you build in some you time please!