Page 20 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning lessons and taking it forward

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Morning Princess, how are you today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hey! . I’m ok, though struggling to do anything today. I am doing stuff, it’s just a wading through treacle day. Still, Si made mutterings about going to see 1917, which I’m looking forward to
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

OOOO I wanna see that movie - let me know what it's like?

Si didn't get tickets in time so they were sold out. I don’t know if it’s me or him atm but he’s irritating the hell out of me this weekend. Probably me.

Decorators coming tomorrow so we’ve been emptying the tv room and bathroom instead ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That sounds fun Can you do it another day?

Is it "just" Si?

Mainly, yeah. He really upset me by something he said on Friday and, though I’m trying to get on with it, I’m struggling

Want to share what it was he said?

I feel ridiculous and like I overreacted but ...

We were talking about Polo and I said that, given his age and all his deteriorating health problems, he’s got months left at best. Si was adamant he would have to beat Luna’s age (just short of 14) which is unlikely given he’s not 13 yet. Si got really p!ssed and told me that he was an optimist whereas I was a pessimist, that I always saw the bad side of things and that it means I always get the worst of it by anticipating bad things happening and actually experiencing those things - a double whammy. He wouldn’t have it that I’m just realistic and preparing for these things helps me cope better when they do happens. We had a bit of an argument

He went out with Polo and I was so upset - so text him:

“I’m texting this cos I might cry if I say it to you. I can’t believe you think I’m a pessimist - if I was, I wouldn’t have gone to Bath as I’d have believed it wouldn’t help, I wouldn’t have taken on board any of what they taught me or changed everything I do in the hope I could change my life for the better. I think, given everything that’s happened to me over the years, I’ve remained more optimistic than most people could have expected to be“

His response? I didn’t mean it, but if you attack my best friend (Polo) I’m going to react.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I'm not sure you over reacted, but as you know it can be hard dealing with health issues with your pets especially when they get older aswell, and it can be hard to face that and I wonder if Si is refusing to face it may not be that long am sorry sweetie as I know it is so hard for you aswell. It sounds like you both deal with that in different ways. xx
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

You’re absolutely right, he’s refusing to face it which worries me as I don’t want Polo to suffer. And it leaves me with the responsibility and the fight, when the time comes