Thread: Some advice needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mira
    Hi there. Welcome here. There are a lot of us here that suffer from depression and other issues.

I read your post and you seem like a stand up guy and you are already doing the best you can. The thing is that we all react differently to depression. Mental health in that way can not be compaired to lets say a broken leg.

I can not tell you what the right thing to do is. But I think that you are doing it right already. The thing is that depression can cause us to push people away. But if you are talking that is good. But do try not to pressure anything. You can be there for her. But doing something about how she is doing has to start within herself. That goes for the depression and the eating as well. And then you can help her.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Suzi (29-11-19)

ritual93
    Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Hi there. Welcome here. There are a lot of us here that suffer from depression and other issues.

I read your post and you seem like a stand up guy and you are already doing the best you can. The thing is that we all react differently to depression. Mental health in that way can not be compaired to lets say a broken leg.

I can not tell you what the right thing to do is. But I think that you are doing it right already. The thing is that depression can cause us to push people away. But if you are talking that is good. But do try not to pressure anything. You can be there for her. But doing something about how she is doing has to start within herself. That goes for the depression and the eating as well. And then you can help her.
    Great stuff... I just want to make sure I'm doing good by keeping contact with her, or if I should just completely stop talking to her and let her come to me. I've personally never had depression, but since speaking to her etc I have done SO much research on it! I've visited countless websites, read countless posts from people that have experienced it, and people that are going through it or helping people get through it etc.