Thread: James in the UK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi James and welcome. What is it that frightens you about the dentist? When was the last time you went? Have you talked to your doctor about your mood?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

jamesb
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Hi James and welcome. What is it that frightens you about the dentist? When was the last time you went? Have you talked to your doctor about your mood?
    About 20 years ago I had a pad experience and totally scared of going to the dentist ive been reearching online and found a couple of handy resources, This website has got some helpful articles and this one offers a great forum just for people with dental fear so ive registered there but i think ill need sometbody to come along to the dentist with me. I just dont have the confidence to do it and I think that the dentist wil end up judgeing me for not looking after my teeth

You won’t be the first to go to your dentist with dental issues because you have a phobia of dentists, and you won’t be the last. No dentist will judge you for that, I’m sure. Perhaps start slowly - ask the dentist to look at your teeth but not do any treatment on your first visit?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.