Page 87 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: the book addict rejoins the world

There's always other options to get home - even if you have to get a cab.
    Uni work - do you need an extension?
    RA - Didn't your last blood test show active disease? Can you use the tools you have, rest and pace where necessary?
    TOTM - Evening primrose oil? Do you use a tracker? If you were a week early last month, chances are you'll be a week early this month too.... Unless your cycle is like mine and it could just be whenever it f*ing fancies it...
    You've got this love, we've got you, but don't stop talking. We all know that when you're quiet it's coz things aren't great.... We love you, let us help...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Angie (08-01-20)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I add it to the calendar on my phone. Definitely when it wants, had 8 last year with between 3 and 11 weeks between. Last bloods my rheumy saw showed my inflammation levels were almost normal but the ultrasound showed inflammation in my ankles. Don't need an extension yet as assignments are due late Jan/early Feb
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Almost normal isn’t normal and, with the ultrasound, it suggests to me it’s still active. So you still need to be considering the impact of that on, well, everything, surely?

Is J’s dad still being funny about things? Does J not have his own car? But, as Suzi says, there’s always options, lovely.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

If your assignments aren't due in for a while, then what bits are you thinking you are behind in and have to catch up with?
    Could you possibly be being too harsh on yourself?

My ankles haven't been confirmed as RA and my inflammation levels were low enough for it to be classed as clinically in remission. Apparently CRP levels under 10 are classed as remission and mine were 9.

J's car is still in the garage from before Christmas. It needs something on the computer fixing so he's borrowing his dads. There have been a few snotty remarks and they ended up bickering on New Year's Day as the seat in his mums car could do with fixing, his dad was saying it wasn't comfortable and it escalated from there when J asked why they kept it then. And J's dad somehow managed to rip the wing mirror off their runaround...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    If your assignments aren't due in for a while, then what bits are you thinking you are behind in and have to catch up with?
    Could you possibly be being too harsh on yourself?
    No. Currently week 12 and I haven't even completed week 3. Definitely behind.

OK.... Uni - how come you're on week 3? You seem to be spending lots of time reading - are you up to date with the reading? It's all sortable. You know you can do it. I know you can.

WRT the car, if it's that much of an issue, then what about getting there by train/walk/cab? If you took the kids too then it'd be a real adventure!

Struggling to focus. I can spend all day with uni work out and not get far at all. I've only been reading in an evening, unless my wrists have been painful, then I've read during the day as I would struggle with holding a pen for long.

Have you thought of using an app that takes notes from you talking?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Can you apply for a disabled student allowance? Ben's got one awarded and he's going to get laptop, printer and software that he can scan a page and it will read it to him and one that he can talk and it'll take notes for him... I can find out what it's called if it helps?

How are you today?

I'm ok. Heading out for a driving lesson so will answer fuller later