Page 126 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1445

Thread: Chapter 2: the book addict rejoins the world

I think that’s common - I was chatting to my hairdresser who’s daughter (though 18) has learning difficulties. She had to be admitted to hospital for a few days last week and wouldn’t let her mum go home as she was terrified. Instead of offering help, her father kicked off at my friend because he found out E was in hospital from his mother, rather than from my friend. And this was 2 days after she’d been admitted, when he hadn’t even bothered to text E to say he was thinking of her.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It's something I've seen all too often too...

The sooner something is agreed legally the better!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I've told him that if she won't even let him have an hour then he should show up at the school and make sure her gives her hugs and we'll do presents on Thursday.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Maybe that would really anger her and it might be worth going with what she says this time - send her texts and telling her how much he loves her and can't wait till they have a special day the day after etc? Gives her 2 special birthdays and a party

It doesn't matter what he does, she'll always be angry with him. And she'll be at the party too and will probably ruin it. She ruins everything else. T has already commented that she's ruined his last 3 birthdays/Christmas

Be very careful, love, that the kids don’t run to you to complain about their mother - that will cause a mountain of issues between you all
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm ok if they do complain to me about her. I'll just log it so it's there if needed.

Yes, but if she says he can't see her, then maybe he's best to follow that but make a note to his solicitor that he was denied access to her on her birthday....

I'll mention it when he rings me

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I'm ok if they do complain to me about her. I'll just log it so it's there if needed.
    What I meant was that, if they start seeing you as someone who listens to their complaints about their mother, eventually it will come out to her and that leaves it all open to her accusing you of poisoning them against her