Thread: Chapter 2: the book addict rejoins the world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    That's brilliant! Well done lovely!

How's the half term going? Have you and J got the little people all week?
    They go back there tonight. Today has been stressful. T and J's dad went behind J's back and arranged for him to go to his friends house when they'd been told at the beginning of the week that we were going into Hull for lunch and a museum. T has sulked most of the afternoon, J's dad didn't like being told that we'd arranged today at the weekend, all he kept saying was that plans change and we had to learn to change plans too so I said to J in front of his dad that in future, he arranges things with T's friends mum so this doesn't happen again. We can't let a 10 year old dictate things and his dad just completely undermined J by not even consulting him. The compromise was he could go until 12 but J's dad tried to argue that down too. I just think that J should be consulted about anything like that, he's their parent after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Well I am, sure it will be fine. And stories with A is awesome
    Just hard work when I'm trying to meet a deadline!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Why would his dad think he had the right to arrange that without talking to J?

Still, I know it was stressful, but families are stressful particularly when grandparents are concerned - I refer you to my MIL
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.