Thread: New to this website. *SU triggers*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NewMamaBear
    I am on medication. I think I am going to try and see a therapist. But I always shut down as soon as I try. My son and family are what keep me going.

My mum keeps an eye on me. She works at my doctors surgery. So I can go there any time. My boyfriend is also great with me. He puts up with my down days. And when I try to pick a fight.

I just don't want to feel sad. I'm so scared that I'll pass all these feelings and mental health issues onto my baby. I don't have post natal depression. There's nothing I love more than being with my baby. He's so funny and has a racking personality that makes me smile.

But I feel exhausted being happy. Like its so much hard work just to be happy and it sucks. No one should feel this way. I know what's triggered all of this. But it will sound stupid and embarrassing.

A

It’s a bit of a misnomer that you can’t smile or enjoy being with your family if you have depression. Each day with depression can be different. Having said that, feeling you have to pretend you’re ok all the time is exhausting and not always helpful.

Do you get enough time to be kind to yourself?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.