Thread: Dating someone with depression and anxiety

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Hudson, sorry about the delayed welcome.

In my experience, it is possible to be friend’s with an ex - in fact I am friends with my ex husband. However, I think it’s dangerous to be friends with someone only because you hope you're going to have more. So, what do you really think is likely to happen?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

hudson88
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Hi Hudson, sorry about the delayed welcome.

In my experience, it is possible to be friend’s with an ex - in fact I am friends with my ex husband. However, I think it’s dangerous to be friends with someone only because you hope you're going to have more. So, what do you really think is likely to happen?
    I can be friends it’s just so raw that I need space to break the feelings i ultimately have for her. But when she texts everyday it’s difficult because it’s a reminder to me that I have these feelings
    And I don’t want to come across as insensitive and say hey cut the contact because at this moment she seems to be opening up more and letting me in more to her past albeit with no relationship tag attached
    They’re is more she’s divulging day by day and perhaps my sympathetic ear and understanding is what she needs at this stage of her recovery