Thread: Feeling depressed due to turning 30 and having alw

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi and welcome to DWD.

Let me start by saying that someone telling you that you "look like a virgin" is rubbish. You can't tell by looking at someone whether they have had sex or not. They've just made a comment which attacks a generalised insecurity and happened to be right that you haven't "done the deed" yet...

Is this just about having sex or is it more about wanting that relationship which leads to sex?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Lundi_Hákarlsson
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hi and welcome to DWD.

Let me start by saying that someone telling you that you "look like a virgin" is rubbish. You can't tell by looking at someone whether they have had sex or not. They've just made a comment which attacks a generalised insecurity and happened to be right that you haven't "done the deed" yet...

Is this just about having sex or is it more about wanting that relationship which leads to sex?
    It is true that what they say is rubbish. I presume that they mean I look awkward or nerdy, which is like virgins. It is annoying that friends, strangers and family make comments like these. It makes me more introverted and not wanting to interact with them.

It is definitely the latter. Friends and family make sly comments about how I should just fly to a place like Amsterdam, go to the Red Light District and get over with it. But I know that I would feel even worse if I even tried this.

I want it to happen naturally, which is the problem. I feel like I am missing out. But going the Amsterdam route would make me feel worthless.