Thread: Another introduction

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Walker extraordinaire!
    Hi decades. I was diagnosed with depression over 3 years ago. I, on the outside, looked like I had it all together but on the inside I was falling apart. depression doesnt discriminate.
    I didnt want to tell anyone I had depression. I was ashamed and embarrassed. I saw myself as weak.
    However, I have to say that when I did finally start talking about it a lot of people were actually supportive. They may not have understood what exactly it meant but they did try to stand with me. I did lose some friends because I didn't want to meet up etc but I have found a deeper friendship with others.

Your GP really is a good starting place. I have had different antidepressants as some didn't help but I'm still trying others because I want my quality of life to improve. I don't want to be this way always.
    Same with counselling . I don't always enjoy it but I know that talking helps me have a better understanding of what is going on in my head and the steps I can take to challenge the negative thoughts.
    I know when everything seems to be against you it is hard to reach out for help because it feels safer not to try than to reach out and be disappointed but I can honestly say from my own journey, it's only when you reach out that anything can start to improve. Hope your journey is a safe one.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Suzi (26-08-19)