Thread: Another introduction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi and welcome. Has it been 20 years since you were last on anti depressants? And have you talked to your doctor recently about how you’re feeling? I’m a little older than you and have been depressed since I was 16 and I know that attitudes towards depression have changed significantly in the time frame.

As for being an inconvenience, I can promise you that we here are definitely interested and you can really benefit from talking to people who understand
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sorry for saying I was depression was an inconvenience and no one is interested. That's just how I feel sometimes and yesterday was pretty bad. I'm better today. Had a good chat with my partner and things are sorted out. Only issue is I agreed to go for counselling and I've mentioned my reservations about that. I haven't seen my doctor, I know what they will do and sometimes I think that won't be a bad option. Yes it has been 20 years since I've been on antidepressants. Support network wise, I only really have my partner, maybe a couple of mates, but I find it hard to open up as I feel people aren't interested.