Thread: Hello Everybody

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Deleted Member
    Hi Andrea
    Im John. Although I was born in the UK, my parents are both European. We emigrated to Italy when i was just a few years old. I am 55 now (yesterday).
    We went through a nightmare because as kids we had inherited our parents dark skin.
    I watched as my older brothers became ill. They are a few years older than me so the illness seemed to leave me alone until I was late into adulthood. I tried to warn my parents that one of my brothers was dangerously ill- I even took him to our GP.
    The GP told my parents- they went ballistic saying "how could they go there now because the doctors think their kids are psychopaths".
    They practically disowned me.
    A few years later my brother attempted suicide, failed and then just got on a plane, leaving his wife and kids and headed out to somewhere in the United States.
    I have lost all my brothers to the same illness.
    I am presently getting help from the NHS- the system is good BUT be prepared to fight for your life.
    They are crushed by the overwhelming amount of people on their waiting list.
    Put your name down as soon as you can, accept medication.
    My belief is that medication alone does not work- you need medication and therapy hand in hand.
    The first step is your GP.
    I am still along way from being well but I do believe we can all beat this dreadful illness.
    Good luck...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deleted Member For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (27-08-19),Suzi (27-08-19)