Thread: Hello Everybody

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AAndrea

Embrassed about my diagnois

Hello

I was diagnosed with moderate depression in January 2019 and struggling to access therapy on the NHS.

I am embrassed about my diagnosis.

I never had a hard life. I am a black female

Everyone in my family have more serious problems and out of all of them i get it .

African parents donf recognise depression so talking to my family is not an option.

My famiky think only white people have depression and this does not exist in african nations.

My family laugh at people with mental illnesss.

I hate being a black woman with depression its so embrassing. I wish i was a white woman with depression becsuse a least depression is recognised in the white community

My family have suppprted me and i end up with this diagnois.

One of my friends who are black . Told me my condition is not real.

On the outside people see me as intelligent and pretty but i dont.

Currently i am fine but my depression will come back as i have not had treatment

My depression came out of nowhere. I woke up one morning on my 21st birthday feeling like my life was one big failure and these feelings dragged on for months . As the months went on these feelings got worse. I would brrak down crying and i lost all my confidence.

How do you deal with depression if not got a hard life?

Can you be successful with depression like have a career?

Have you ever had depression which appeared out of nowhere.

What exactly is moderate depression?

I am so alone . I am dealing with this on my own because telling my family will make it a million times worse.

Andrea, I’ve merged this thread with a previous one as what you’ve talked about is very similar. Please try not to start new threads unnecessarily. I have left this post as is, however, as I’m puzzled by a couple of bits of information. You’ve mentioned that talking to your family is not an option, that they laugh at people with mental health issues and you can’t tell them, yet you also say that they’ve supported you. Do they know about your health? Do they Understand?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.