Thread: Hello Everybody

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No one deserves mental health or physical health conditions.
    I've had pnd with each of my babies...

Is there no way that you can talk to your family about being ill? Maybe they'll surprise you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

AAndrea
    I can't talk to my family under any circumstances whatsoever.
    When I self harmed when I was 16 My mum screamed at me calling me selfish and attention seeking . My mum was buying creams to.cover my screams and told me to cover arm during pe because she did not want the school calling social services . She refused for me get counselling or any help . The main reason I was self harming was because I was resisting my maths gcse for the third time . At the time there was requirement that you needed a C if you wanted to do anything. People were making fun of me for resisitng.
    My nan laughs at people with Depression. I remember at my graduation ceremony there was a student who is amputee with a rare illness telling us his life story and him graduating. At the end of graduation ceremony on the way home my mum boyfriend talked out how inspirational he was .My nan agreed and then said people who are depressed and take antidepressants are pathetic.
    Being black with depression is a taboo . I have grown up with the most toxic attitudes regarding mental health in my family . My family believe if you kill yourself you burn in hell.
    Does that look like a family you could tell about your MH.