Page 40 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

Have you always kept your health away from him? I went to nearly every appointment with Marc right up to his last therapist who specifically asked me to leave him to get himself there and do the appointment on his own....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Until I took ill with my mental health i never had any health appointments for him to go to with me. Even when I was pregnant I did the antenatal mostly alone, he came to the big scan but that was it..... in fact he missed my daughters. I have always been very self sufficient but I understand now that that is because I have major trust issues with everyone. He doesn't expect me to need him and doesn't cope very well if I do. I guess we have different roles in the family.
    He doesn't like to be nagged so I express something once, if its not acted on I just drop it and sort myself out.
    I invite myself to any of his appointments I can possibly manage, maybe I should ask first
    Last edited by Strugglingmum; 31-10-19 at 02:16 PM.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Have you ever asked him to come with you? Maybe he thinks you don't want him to come or that you are so strong you don't need him... I hate going to appointments on my own!

Walker extraordinaire!
    I honestly don't mind being on my own. Sometimes it's just easier. He hates waiting rooms, hospitals etc . One time I had to go to a different hospital in a different town for a scan of my kidneys. He drove me there and waited in the car. I guess I've learnt over the years that I am the only person I can trust with me...... and even that's not great at times. Maybe that's why I struggle to ask for help at times.

I’ve found, over the years, that Si would be able to offer a different perspective for the doctors to consider. Just a thought
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh hunni, that sounds so sad...

Walker extraordinaire!
    Suzi..... be ready to award a chufty badge...drumroll...... I went for my smear today... all up to date!! 3 years til the next one.

I can't believe it but my 17yr old daughter has just allowed me to do her formal make-up. She has never asked before and its such a silly thing but it made me feel like she is learning to accept me again. It made me smile and feel at peace with where we are together. Right this moment I feel bonded to her and that is so special. .. it's been so long.

That’s a massive post! Absolutely wonderful news
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (01-11-19)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    That's brilliant!!! So pleased for you!

And well done you!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (01-11-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    Suzi..... be ready to award a chufty badge...drumroll...... I went for my smear today... all up to date!! 3 years til the next one.

I can't believe it but my 17yr old daughter has just allowed me to do her formal make-up. She has never asked before and its such a silly thing but it made me feel like she is learning to accept me again. It made me smile and feel at peace with where we are together. Right this moment I feel bonded to her and that is so special. .. it's been so long.
    OMFG! That's AMAZING! Definite chufty badge awarded! I'm so proud of you!
    That's had me in tears (that and the song I'm currently listening to) I'm so pleased for you!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (01-11-19)