Page 64 of 246 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: What music are you listening to atm?

oldandintheway
    Right now I'm listening to this song. The lyrics are beautiful and have a real personal resonance. One of the few songs that actually makes me feel like crying.

oldandintheway
    More often, if you were to share my earphones, you'd find something along these lines. Equally beautiful to my ears, but not to everyone's taste:

Been listening to Doyle most of the week having just bought the album Abominator

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    A bit of Prog rock for the evening before I go to bed. Yes.

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    I know I am behind the times but I have just found Spotify…. So I will be working on building up my list of favourite tracks. I must confess to being an 80's rock girl, can't really get on with modern rock in the same way.

oldandintheway
    I've never used Spotify or felt the need. All the music I want to listen to is in my collection on CD and I rip it onto my phone if I want to hear it on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Pen View Post
    I know I am behind the times but I have just found Spotify…. So I will be working on building up my list of favourite tracks. I must confess to being an 80's rock girl, can't really get on with modern rock in the same way.
    what is spotify?

I love 80's rock.
    All that hair. Bon jovi living on a prayer; poison when the children cry; Europe the final countdown.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Oh Spotify.com is so much fun. All the music you ever wanted, free. You can build your own playlists of favourite tracks or albums or you can listen to the radio feature where there is various genre, or you can select a favourite track and spotify will find similar artists and tracks to play for you. If you like a track on the radio feature you can like it and the station will tweak itself to play more of that type of music and vice versa if they play something you don't like you can say so and they will leave it out of the radio feature. You can also save tracks you like on the radio to your own playlist so when you hear a track you had forgotten about you can add it to your favourites for later. You can then access it from any computer (great when I am in the college library using their computers) or there is a spotify app for listening to it on smaller devices. Its not pirated, the artists get paid for each time their track is listened to like they would on the radio so you are supporting the industry as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

purplefan (12-04-14)

Really need to get into spotify - keep meaning to. I've heard a lot of Savage Garden recently - beginning to think I ought to download the album. I had it once but lost the cd
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You can listen to the album as much as you want on spotify…. (Beginning to sound like the ad agency!!!)