Thread: What music are you listening to atm?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They are so awesome so glad someone else likes them too

I understand most of it. The lyrics are mostly based on poetry written by the band's lead singer, Till Lindeman (I hope I spelt that good). He is one of those artists who thinks it is important that people reading or listening can find their own meaning in things and so he doesn't take too much trouble to explain himself. Even if you would speak perfect German you might be uncertain about the meanings of certain songs. There are translations to be found online. Sonne means sun. This one is a bit obscure.. I think it is about someone or something so powerful they are like the sun if it would shine at night, someone who has power over others is the feeling I get.

I got into them for the sound.. they have so much energy and passion. Sometimes I feel like nothing else in the world quite matches how I feel apart from listening to them. But also I find that they sing about things others won't and anything that breaks down barriers is a good thing in my view. Taboo subjects don't help society to deal with anything. I saw an interview with Jimmy Carr about his comedy where he basically says the same thing. It seems to me like enjoying music like that, allowing yourself to just laugh at Jimmy Carr when he is really over a line, and allowing yourself to feel the things you really feel in reaction to all the weirdness and pain in life instead of repressing them.. it seems like these things are all a bit of the same thing to me. Letting go control in a way. Art seems like a good way to explore doing that. In fact, I have been thinking about doing some fan art based on Rammstein.

Till has released an album of his own in English now too. But that is just him and not the whole band. It may not be everyone's cup of tea XD

I bought a text book for learning German in Dutch.. but I haven't looked at it lately.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

OldMike (15-07-17)