Thread: Struggling with my partner - no feelings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've fixed it so you should see Paula's reply too.

Marc - my other half - said that he saw the kids as kids, but it wasn't until he changed meds and came out of the breakdown that he saw them as "his" kids itms? It was the same for me. I remember how much it hurt, but I had asked him to be honest and tell me what was going on and that was much better than what I'd been imagining. I told him that it was fine because I loved him and the kids enough for all of us. It's not been easy - far from it. But has he had talking therapy?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Sunnygal85
    Hi Suzi, yes he's been seeing a counsellor for about 4 months now but it doesn't seem to be helping that much tbh. The odd session when its around grief seems to help but usually comes back not wanting to talk and seems even more confused about us every time. Sometimes he has gone and hasn't been able to say anything at all he says. She uses transactional analysis but I don't think she's actually been using that with him, sounds like it's more of a person centred approach. I've suggested I'm not sure she's the right counsellor. I think a relationship counsellor might help more.