Thread: In a dark place...Again *AB TRIGGERS*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    shadesofpurple
    Also in regards to SS, as I mentioned before, where I live, they do and have taken children away from their mothers due to mental illness and they weren’t at risk at all; I know these women well and I know they loved and looked after their children so well; not neglected, clean and healthy etc, always loved and played with. Children were polite etc, but just because their Mummy had ptsd from an incident years before they were born I one case, they were removed from her care and it has destroyed them.
    These Mums have been told if they have any more children either, they’ll be taken away too which is absolutely vile.
    And one of these also had a supportive partner. I think it depends on the SS in your area.
    I don’t know. But around here they are notorious for going after any woman with a mental illness even if she’s a fantastic mother, or targeting women just because they grew up in care - like that’s their fault!?
    So I don’t believe for a second that SS won’t target me too. I do not trust them around here.
    I will steer as far away as possible from them.

I live in the south of England too, and I’ve never heard of those policies from SS in our area. And there has never been any suggestion of my children being taken away over the years (and my children were 3 and 3 months when I was first referred to a psychiatrist, and 7 and 3 when I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital) so I truly don’t understand why, in the same area, you’ve heard about cases that are so different from my own experiences.

As for where you stand on meds and therapy, I’m sorry lovely but, if you refuse meds and believe more therapy isn’t going to help you, I’m concerned that you’re closing the door on all options for treatment that could help you. Your experiences have been dreadful and you’re asking for support, which is really positive, but peer support like you’d get here will have limited results without also receiving support from medical professionals
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Allalone (27-05-19),Jaquaia (27-05-19),Strugglingmum (27-05-19),Suzi (27-05-19)