Thread: Depression, loneliness & excessive worry*SH Trigs*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SA89
    Really don't feel comfortable at the moment, my evil brother has invited his friends into the kitchen to smoke weed & get drunk. When my mum's out he takes advantage. I've not even made my tea because I'm scared to be around him & his friends. My depression is more of an issue than my anxiety but this really makes me anxious. I keep applying for a council flat but there's like 40 applicants for each listing. I'm really desperate because I feel really intimidated by him especially when he's had a drink which I've touched on before . Even the samaritan I spoke to said that living with someone as volatile as this is bound to have an effect. Imagine living with someone that has a "gang-like mentality" when you have low confidence & mental health issues.

I won't rule out the meds but there has to be a reason why my GP only prescribes the 4 main SSRI's. He said the others are considered less safe. I took the SSRI's for months at a consistent time. With counselling I learned a lot but struggled to act on it. I'll look into the recovery classes. My home environment is a source of my low self esteem because of the brother I live with. Even the samaritan said it's understandable that I'm insecure living with him. Outside of my house I feel free because I'm not in his presence. No one makes me retreat to my shell quite like he does. If I ever called him out for his behavior I'd be threatened. He gets away with it because he helps my mum with the shopping & around the house which is more than I do tbh. But least I'm respectful. I really wish my area was full of people like you guys not the types that are in my house right now ..
    Last edited by SA89; 25-05-19 at 10:27 PM.