Thread: Depression, loneliness & excessive worry*SH Trigs*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post

I thank everyone's post out of courtesy, that's nothing to do with not acknowledging anyone's advice. Trust me I read everyone's posts a few times over & always go back to them for encouragement. If I didn't leave a thanks then you'd probably think "why isn't he grateful for this advice". A thanks just lets people know I appreciate the advice. I know how busy people are so it means a lot. Going round & round in circles is the nature of depression. I know I'm hard work, I just find it difficult to break this cycle of being a recluse. If you was a serious recluse for as long as I've been would you find it so easy to change & break this cycle?.There's a lot of hypochondriacs like myself who can't seem to get over their insecurities .
    Ok, I'm going to highlight this as it has seriously annoyed me. Especially this bit

If you was a serious recluse for as long as I've been would you find it so easy to change & break this cycle?.
    You've made a judgement about Mira there. Not a good quality for someone who is going to be volunteering for the Samaritans. How do you know Mira isn't reclusive? How do you know what he goes through? If you had actually read Mira's thread, you would know he has AVPD, avoidant personality disorder. His disorder goes far further than just being reclusive. So yes, he does know how hard it is to be reclusive, but you know what? He's still fighting to change that. He's putting himself out of his comfort zone to seek treatment.

If you want things to change then actually do something about it. Have you even bothered looking at the recovery college I gave you the link to?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

magie06 (27-06-19),Suzi (27-06-19)