Thread: Depression, loneliness & excessive worry*SH Trigs*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post

I thank everyone's post out of courtesy, that's nothing to do with not acknowledging anyone's advice. Trust me I read everyone's posts a few times over & always go back to them for encouragement. If I didn't leave a thanks then you'd probably think "why isn't he grateful for this advice". A thanks just lets people know I appreciate the advice. I know how busy people are so it means a lot. Going round & round in circles is the nature of depression. I know I'm hard work, I just find it difficult to break this cycle of being a recluse. If you was a serious recluse for as long as I've been would you find it so easy to change & break this cycle?.There's a lot of hypochondriacs like myself who can't seem to get over their insecurities .
    Ok, I'm going to highlight this as it has seriously annoyed me. Especially this bit

If you was a serious recluse for as long as I've been would you find it so easy to change & break this cycle?.
    You've made a judgement about Mira there. Not a good quality for someone who is going to be volunteering for the Samaritans. How do you know Mira isn't reclusive? How do you know what he goes through? If you had actually read Mira's thread, you would know he has AVPD, avoidant personality disorder. His disorder goes far further than just being reclusive. So yes, he does know how hard it is to be reclusive, but you know what? He's still fighting to change that. He's putting himself out of his comfort zone to seek treatment.

If you want things to change then actually do something about it. Have you even bothered looking at the recovery college I gave you the link to?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

magie06 (27-06-19),Suzi (27-06-19)

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Ok, I'm going to highlight this as it has seriously annoyed me. Especially this bit

You've made a judgement about Mira there. Not a good quality for someone who is going to be volunteering for the Samaritans. How do you know Mira isn't reclusive? How do you know what he goes through? If you had actually read Mira's thread, you would know he has AVPD, avoidant personality disorder. His disorder goes far further than just being reclusive. So yes, he does know how hard it is to be reclusive, but you know what? He's still fighting to change that. He's putting himself out of his comfort zone to seek treatment.

If you want things to change then actually do something about it. Have you even bothered looking at the recovery college I gave you the link to?
    Why has me simply replying to recent posts & giving an update annoyed you?. I shouldn't have assumed that about Mira so I apologize but I was replying to his post that implied I say thanks just for the sake for it when I genuinely appreciate every piece of advice I receive. It's not fair for you to say you're seriously annoyed, for what reason? I've not even said anything wrong, I was simply explaining a few things ffs!. When you respond in that manner it sets a precedence because you're a well respected member on here so now I look like a dickhead purely on your response. That's not right & it makes me wonder why I even bother on here at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I think we may have a different idea about what a recluse is. You talk about going out with a group. A few times now.

You ask me if it would be easy to break that cycle if I was a serious recluse like you are. I have no idea if you or I have it worse. Its not a contest. But I do find it a bit dismisive. You assume your situations and troubles are worse then mine by asking that question.

Insecurities are horrible. I know. I have a whole bunch of diagnosed disorders. But I am still trying to break that cycle. And i know how hard it is. But i guess i can not see what you are going through. Since you have this for so long and so intense.

I truly wish you all the best and that you find a way to break this cycle and find joy.
    Sorry if I came across judgemental, I didn't know your history until now of course. You implied that I thank others posts just for the sake of it when I do it as a gesture to express appreciation, especially considering how busy people are, that's all. I live in a challenging environment which is stressful on top of my depression, I know that's not an excuse so apologies if it came across that way. I'm fully aware that people suffer just as much as I do.

We actually have things in common in regards to your situation except with different context. Was your Avoidance disorder based on your childhood would you say?. I've been a recluse ever since my school days & my worrying nature stems from that pretty much. I can imagine it being debilitating for you to even go to the shop never mind attendin a meetup group like I have. It must be really hard, especially if you have depression on top of that. My depression is on top of my worrying mindset so I can't even see the woods from the trees tbh .

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    Why has me simply replying to recent posts & giving an update annoyed you?. I shouldn't have assumed that about Mira so I apologize but I was replying to his post that implied I say thanks just for the sake for it when I genuinely appreciate every piece of advice I receive. It's not fair for you to say you're seriously annoyed, for what reason? I've not even said anything wrong, I was simply explaining a few things ffs!. When you respond in that manner it sets a precedence because you're a well respected member on here so now I look like a dickhead purely on your response. That's not right & it makes me wonder why I even bother on here at times.

You made an assumption that you have things so much worse to a vulnerable member. That is what you did wrong. That negates their experience. You're right, you shouldn't have assumed. You have no idea what those kinds of assumptions can do to those who are struggling.

You've been asked countless times to stop and think about what you're saying before you post, we don't compare here. We don't say that we've got it worse than others. Everyone's experience is as valid as everyone elses. It really is as simple as that
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (27-06-19)