Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and tribulations of a Yorkshire pudding

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I like how he teaches me. I've just said this to Sarah, but because he is happy to repeat lessons over and over, I can now drive a 2 and a half mile circuit in both directions with no input from him. That's 2 roundabouts, a big bus route, variable speed limits (though admittedly, I don't get much about 25 at the moment...) and currently, temporary traffic lights. If I need something explaining again, he will get me to pull over and go through things. If he asks me something, he wants to know the answer and why that is the answer, to prove I fully understand. He's teaching me to drive and not to pass a test. He even offered to give me extra country driving lessons when I told him where J lives as he said I'll need it.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

That's awesome!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

He sounds exactly what you need!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Ooh! He sounds great! When I first came over to the uk in 1971 I had an instructor who looked like one of the prison wardens in Cool Hand Luke (Paul Newman) he wore mirror sunglasses and was an absolute B'tard!! The next one I had was a sweetie and really easy to get along with and had a great sense of humour. So when is Bob taking you to Paris to try driving there? It's full of maniacs with a death wish!! I've never driven abroad, and never want to. Well done though. Has he got a postage stamp in the middle of his rear window?

Morning love, how are you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

He's brilliant Flo. So pleased everyone encouraged me to change instructors as it's the best thing I could have done.

I'm ok Suzi. Tired. Have popped to the shops, needed a birthday card for my brother. Doing a couple of washes though I'm not going to do it all today but going to spread it out. And have hoovered the stairs, landing, bathroom and give my bedroom floor a quick once over. I'm going to go wrap my brothers presents and then rest.

I’m impressed! That might actually be called pacing
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'd say I learnt from the best but I'd be lying. You lot are rubbish at it!

do what we say, not what we do!