Thread: Hello *SU Trigger*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Michael and welcome. You really seem to need support and I’m sorry you can’t get that in Papua New Guinea but that’s one thing we’re good at on DWD, so I’m glad you’ve found us. Do you have friends over there?

Do you want to return to Australia? If a job came up would you? Being away from your children must be horrible. Would it work if you moved back but didn’t live with them ie had access with the children?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Michael
    Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes I had been planning to find a new job in Australia or some other place where we could be together. But after discussion with my wife she said they don’t want me back, because “I am too strange and too moody”. She says I must do my duty and provide for my family, which means staying in png. I make a reasonable salary there, and she doesn’t want to go backwards in terms of financial position.

To be clear, there is no intention of divorce. That hasn’t been discussed, nor is it something I want. I love my family more than anything and a divorce would kill me.

No I don’t really have any friends. I know everyone but everyone is either a competitor, a customer or a supplier, so it’s hard to have what I would call a real friend: someone who wants to spend time with you just because they enjoy your company, someone you can trust and feel comfortable talking to about these things.

Michael
    Just FYI I have started a new thread on the dealing with depression forum