Thread: Spiteful sibling causing low mood *TRIGGERS*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's over 10 years I lost my Dad and I know how much I still feel that loss and I wasn't his main carer so I totally understand how bereavement is still so definite. Have you ever had bereavement therapy?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    It's over 10 years I lost my Dad and I know how much I still feel that loss and I wasn't his main carer so I totally understand how bereavement is still so definite. Have you ever had bereavement therapy?

Hi Suzi,

Yes I have had bereavement counselling on a number of occasions. I lost my dad just a few years later in a freak accident. I used a local charity, private and NHS. They were all wonderful and life savers. I had a lot of misguided guilt etc as is common in grief.

This 10th anniversary, she died on Friday 13th, just reawakens memories that have been suppressed and it's surprising how quickly one can deteriorate. As I know you guys know, it's a wound that never fully heals when you're very close to someone and have seen their suffering. I use ACT and mindfulness.

I just didn't need her spitefully belittling me at that moment. Tbh, I think she may be narcissistic.