Thread: False Emotion Disorder **STRONG AB/SU Triggers**

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think that "depression" is very, very different from "feeling a bit blue for a long time"... I wonder if your theory fits more with that, rather than actual depression.
    Actual depression needs help, it is a really real and serious illness that can in some cases end up as fatal. I think that every case should be treated seriously and have far more real help, rather than different variations of "have you tried xyz diet?" or "try smiling more, it'll help" or "try sniffing lavender, it cured my aunties best friends goldfishes friends owner" or "pull yourself together"......

I'd say that your psych who said...
    As one psychiatrist put it, 'You have absolutely no mental issues. None that I can treat. If there is something wrong with you, you are doing it to yourself.'
    was really brave to have been so sure... I would assume that you would have been experiencing some symptoms which made you head to a psych in the first place? What happened to those symptoms? They got better/went away/weren't there in the first place? I have never met a psych (and I've known quite a few) who would ever put their professional lives on the line like that...

I've been running DWD for over 11 years and I can honestly say that I've never come across anyone who I could say wasn't experiencing a serious illness.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (09-02-19)