Thread: False Emotion Disorder **STRONG AB/SU Triggers**

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ken Willidau
    Thanks for putting up my post. As one psychiatrist put it, 'You have absolutely no mental issues. None that I can treat. If there is something wrong with you, you are doing it to yourself.'. I have been on a couple of other medications. They just don't help. No effect starting them, and I quit both the Effexor (highest dosage) and Prozac (2nd highest dosage) cold turkey after a year and nothing. I can't remember the other ones.

This theory would be more for the people who are sitting there thinking about something like what someone said to them at work 30 years ago. Where you are constantly thinking about issues that have no relevance, anymore, other than they just keep popping into your head making you mad, again, and again, and again. It wouldn't apply to people suffering the real depression of a tragedy or loss.

As for a support network, never heard of it. (LOL) It's hard to get support when you're the happiest person people know. When I'm engaged with them.

Thanks, I'll be interested to see what anyone else thinks of it.

I hope your husband is doing better. And you as well.

Hi and welcome. I have a question, if you are the happiest person people know, and I assume therefore have positive facial expressions in general, how is it your face affecting your mood?

I have to say I found your ideas difficult to stomach. I am by nature a positive, optimistic person and don’t go around with an angry/worried/sad face (even when I’m struggling - you’d never know I’m ill from my expressions most of the time). I find it difficult to believe that my 3 decades of illness is caused by me having a sad face all that time. Mental health is far more complicated than that and our brains are immensely intricate - we know so little about them - so your theory is over simplistic and doesn’t pay any respect by the wonderful complexity of the human body and mind
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (09-02-19),OldMike (09-02-19)