Page 71 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Me, part 673 *TRIGGERS*

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

My niece and my cousins wife are feeling the same. They are heartbroken too... I wish I could wave a magic wand - I know my god daughter has had ivf and it's worked for them... Could that be an option in the future?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    J doesn't want any more children, he had a vasectomy a few years ago. Besides, I wouldn't be considered for any fertility treatment anyway until I lost a lot more weight. There's no telling how long that will take and then I need to be off my rheumatoid arthritis meds for a clear 6 months, which will leave me in a lot of pain, plus with the vortioxetine being so new they don't really know if it's safe in pregnancy so I would need to come off that too... I don't think my mental health would be up to trying if it didn't work, though J has said he loves me enough to let me go if I really wanted to try. I've accepted that it won't happen but I get 2 beautiful step-children. J knows that sometimes I will be even more fragile and need a lot more love and support and is always there for me. It's hard but I will manage.

Anyway, I get the impression that people think I like reading... 10 books off my oldies, 3 of my brother and his girlfriend, 1 off my sister and her boyfriend and a book on how to draw fairies, and a book off J! The oldies also got me a gorgeous oilcloth satchel bag, and series 6 and 7 of Not Going Out, my sister also got me the obligatory orange smarties and a framed GoT quote, Scarlett has made me a handprint picture and J also bought me a Bluetones dvd, a sketchpad and some charcoal and watercolour pencils... have I mentioned how amazing that man is??? Not forgetting a gorgeous photo album from Sarah and a lovely pair of silver studs from the future in-laws

I feel completely spoilt!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

You don't deserve anything less.
    Jaq you're going to be the best step mum that any child could be lucky enough to have...

I hope so. Those children desperately need some security and happy memories.

Which you will provide in abundance...

^^^wss
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I keep massively overthinking it... will she follow through and try to stop him from seeing ghe children because of me? Will she try and turn them against me? Will they hate me? Constantly going round and round my head

This might help re rights.

https://childlawadvice.org.uk/inform...pages/contact/

She might try to turn them against you but it won’t happen - they’ll only have to meet you once to know how wonderful a person you are. And kids aren’t stupid, they can see how things really are

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (26-12-18)