I haven't. I did the first time round, and they told me to look online for the regional IAPT service and self refer. That was it, and that was over a telephone appointment. This time round, because I'd been down that route before I cut my GP out and just self referred straight to the IAPT people. I've had my triage appointment with them, and am now on a waiting list.

Realistically is my GP able to do anything more for me without resorting to medication? I recognise that antidepressants work and they help a lot of people, but I derive a lot of my internal support from the fact that at least the emotions I am feeling are ME, rather than a chemically controlled version of me. And I don't want to compromise that in case NOT being able to remind myself of that were to get to me.

I'm keeping track of myself with the PHQ9 and GAD7 tests online, as well as the IES-R. Because these are what the IAPT people have used to assess me, I'm using them to make sure I'm aware of any changes in my mental state between my triage appointment and my eventual counselling appointments. I'm getting slightly worse, but not to the point where I'm worrying about where I am if that's clear? I'm showing as "moderate" for anxiety and depression alike.