Hi,

I went to the doctors and saw the nurse practitioner there. I showed her the printout and talked to her more about my history.

She was very supportive and listened well, she does think I have depression. Given the length of time, the fact my moods tend to fluctuate and the fact that it doesn't seem to be triggered by any specific events she has suggested that therapy or a combination of therapy and medication may be an option further down the line but the first step is to have an assessment with NHS Talking Mental Health in our area who offer therapy and assessment. I left a message with them yesterday and will chase them up today to make an appointment.

Is it normal that I feel like I'm doing the wrong thing here, I honestly feel a little ashamed? What if I'm imagining all this? I honestly don't know if I feel better or worse for talking to someone about it. That's nothing against the doctors, she was very easy to talk to and I felt really comfortable. I think I just need to get into my head that there is something wrong and whether it's depression or something else then at least I'm doing something about it.

Thanks for your support.