Good Morning!

Just an update and looking for some advice please. I had my first CBT session last Friday morning which was good and helpful on the whole.

My question is, from others experience, is there a benefit to telling work about my problems. It would help explain, what must be an obvious lack in performance recently.

It would also mean I could do my CBT on a Friday morning without worrying about it making me late for work every week (which it will).

My work are very good and I've worked there over 20yrs. I'm only accountable to my directors so it's not like there is a chain of people who would need to know and I think on the whole it might be better that they are aware of it rather than thinking I've just become bad at my job.

I don't want any special treatment or time off but maybe just a little breathing space in regards to my performance while I work through things. In my head I'm thinking they would be supportive but I guess there is always a risk with how people react. I also don't want them to start thinking they can't give me stuff to do either.

Any thoughts?