Thread: Suzi's MBSR Course Journal.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MBSR Week 1

OK today was tough. It was such a horrible journey getting there and 35/36oC which just made me melt and sweat buckets (dam autonomic dysfunction). Was great as met up with C who I did the IMPACT course with. S wasn't able to make it today.

We did a warm up exercise about "arriving" to the session involving breathing deeper than you've breathed all week. Having a wriggle in the seats, and a few more breaths.
    This course is different to others she's run as there are 6 health care professionals in with us, so it felt like a huge group which was quite daunting.
    Again she said this isn't therapy think of this more like adult education...

We did a mindful eating exercise with a raisin which was odd. You had to look at a raisin, touch it, think about the journey that it's been on to get to you, think about what it looks like, feels like, smells like and then 3 repetitions of moving the raisin to your mouth, but not eating it. Then eat it slowly. Feel what it is like in your mouth, what does it taste like?

Then we did an introduce yourself.

Then a long body scan. That was so hard to keep focused on each bit, and actually I found it really quite sad as it showed up exactly where the pain was and how much there was and how wide spread it was.

Then it was pretty much time to go home.

We have been given a handout to read and a CD to do every day and have to try to eat more mindfully as homework.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (04-08-18)