Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Not coping so well...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Well done! Just give them time and be honest with your doctor. Some people find that the first one or two, sometimes more, aren't right for them but don't give up. It's trial and error and you will get there lovely. You've made a massive step today.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    I've had citalopram before and it made me completely numb and emotionless, my doctor said he's had a few patients say that and sertraline has worked for them so fingers crossed! But if it doesn't work I'm not giving up, I will try something else

I'm so amazingly proud of you!!!!!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl

Depression and the self

As much as I hate myself on a daily basis I also quite like myself (if that makes any sense) I guess I would call myself quirky and a lot of people don't really understand or like me because of it (which is perfectly fine because I have great friends who do get me or appreciate me even if they don't and a fiance and daughter who are both just as quirky as me). The thing is, because I've had depression for such a long time, I'm worried that the parts of myself that I like could just be part of that and once the tablets kick in it might change who I am. I was just wondering if anyone that's on anti depressants that are working have found that they've changed the person that they are in any way? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question it's just that it's been so long I'm not really sure what's me and what's depression at this point

Hey, I love quirky I think we're all quirky - or as I tell my children often that they are weird, different, amazing and fantastic! Who wants to be "normal" or the same as everyone else?? Why try to be someone else, there is only 1 you and that's more than enough for you to be.
    It's definitely not a stupid question at all... I can tell you how the meds have affected my husband if it helps? He's much more able to cope with the small things, the unexpected things and actually more able and willing to sit and listen, to mess about, to be creative and to go out of the house!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (13-08-18)

A notice that I read somewhere reads - Why try to fit in when you were made to stand out?
    I think it's a lovely way to think about being 'slightly different'.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (14-08-18)

I think life changes us every single day. That includes any illness. I know I wouldn’t be the person I am without depression and anxiety and, actually, I’m ok with that because I’m a stronger, braver and more empathetic person.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (14-08-18)

CaterpillarGirl
    Thanks guys, I guess I'm just a bit nervous about what the medication will do, excited at the same time though! At the moment my anxiety is slightly worse and I slept shockingly last night but I know this is just temporary and they will kick in soon

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

I know I'm a very different person today to who I was before I'd had experiences that I've had and actually I'm good with that because I currently don't hate me...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: