Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Not coping so well...

Sounds to me that you need to do a bit of self care. That means things like, eating well, exercising, treating yourself, not beating yourself up etc (Mind have a great leaflet with lots of tips. https://www.mind.org.uk/media/461661...ssion-2016.pdf

I know we haven’t known you long but it seems to me that you rarely put yourself first and you never think you’re good enough. If that’s true, can you try to challenge those thoughts?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I completely agree with Paula. In fact she's said everything I was going to...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

CaterpillarGirl
    You are absolutely right, I never put myself first and I haven't been taking proper care of myself for a while, it's not like I don't want to I just struggle to get back into a routine once I've fallen out of it, I'm considering treating myself today when I pass through Manchester later, just haven't decided what that treat might be yet!

What things do you like? Even something like nice bath stuff and then a long soak in the bath is self care -or go and wander round the shops or get a coffee or something....

CaterpillarGirl
    I would love to have a bath but we only have a shower! I might just have a wander around the shops and grab a nice coffee, I might get a new book or something

Treat your self with something you love. I got myself a book too, and I found it a great gift for myself. You deserve your gift!
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

Sitting in a coffee shop with a book always feels indulgent to me
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Sitting in a coffee shop with a book always feels indulgent to me
    It does to me too! Actually curling up on the sofa with a book does too! Actually, just reading does to me!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (08-08-18)

CaterpillarGirl
    I have my doctors appointment this morning so hopefully I get something sorted, I read for an hour last night before bed, it felt good

I am really happy for you. Reading is great, and I hope your appointment brings something helpful to your life
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post: