Page 19 of 81 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It probably is. Really you shouldn't come off a tablet without speaking to your GP.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    It probably is. Really you shouldn't come off a tablet without speaking to your GP.
    I'm seeing the mental health guy on the 23rd I'm still on the tabs they gave me just half the dosage,I'll talk to him then he knows the situation he had to persuade me last time to try the venlafaxine and basically lied by saying these wouldn't cause sweating when it's one of the most common side effects.

The only thing I'm worried about is going back to work and feeling miserable again once Ive come off the tablets

You really do need to talk to your Dr. Messing around with your doses is going to make everything so much harder on you. There are medications you can be given to try to stop the sweating.... You have options. Surely if it's working to help your mental health then that's the best thing?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

But you haven't given the meds long enough to get into your system - then you've changed the dose which will then take up to another 8 weeks, then if you're talking about stopping them then it's really going to make you feel so much worse. You aren't giving yourself a fair chance really....

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    But you haven't given the meds long enough to get into your system - then you've changed the dose which will then take up to another 8 weeks, then if you're talking about stopping them then it's really going to make you feel so much worse. You aren't giving yourself a fair chance really....
    I'm not being funny but I've been on about the sweating since last year and they've done nothing so I don't really hold out much hope they will now and if they do I'd be even more annoyed that they've let me suffer with it for this long.

The doctor changed me off venlafaxine because my regular Dr was sick these have then made me feel awful for the past week with withdrawal symptoms

But have you asked them to prescribe something specific for the sweating?

But have you asked them to prescribe something specific for the sweating?
    Yep I've mentioned it every visit how it's making me not want to go out etc all they've done is change my meds constantly I don't think I've been on the same tablets for longer than 12 weeks.

They gave me odaban when it was cheaper to buy off Amazon I used that for about a month helped with my face etc but it's mainly my back and torso,i feel embarrassed talking about it now

It really isn't anything to be embarrassed about.. Although I do understand...

It really isn't anything to be embarrassed about.. Although I do understand...
    I'm just getting abit stressed what with me going back to work a week today can already feel myself counting down the days and the anixety building even though I've worked there for 17 years it sounds daft,worrying I'll end up panicking and that will set everything off but I know it's something I need to do.

It doesn't sound daft at all. Work obviously increases your anxiety... Is there any other ways around it?