Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I absolutely agree with Paula. He seems so positive for you and that he actually listens. There are so many options, but at the end of the day he can't make you take them if you don't want to.....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I couldn't agree more with suzi. Part of getting better includes going out and facing the world and doing the things you want to do...little by little, or as much as you can deal with. If you happen to be seen out by work colleagues or bosses and are questioned, then simply tell them you're out and about so that you can go back to work as soon as possible. My guess is though that they'll try and be as understanding as possible. Let's face it, who in their right mind would want to be at home feeling lousy? It certainly isn't because they have B all else to do is it? Where I live MIND have their own cafe and drop in sessions to accommodate everyone. It might be worth it to 'drop in' on one of them and make new friends.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Suzi (17-05-19)

Thought I'd post an update.
    I finally had enough of the side effects duloxitine was causing me so I spent 2 weeks at 30mg down from 60mg and then went cold turkey...

After going back to the doctor's for my appointment he's now put me on venlafaxine 75mg and he's hoping they don't cause me side effects,tbh I'm at the point now where I'm starting to think I'll be better off on no medication but I was willing to give these ago. I've currently been taking them for almost 2 weeks and apart from feeling really tired I'm still suffering with side effects Mainly sweating.

The doctor mentioned if these didn't work he's referring me to a CMHT.

I’ve been on venlafaxine (375 mg) for years. for me, yes if I miss or am late with a dose I feel awful (withdrawal is the worst of all ADs I’ve tried), but otherwise the side effects were minimal after the first few weeks
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I’ve been on venlafaxine (375 mg) for years. for me, yes if I miss or am late with a dose I feel awful (withdrawal is the worst of all ADs I’ve tried), but otherwise the side effects were minimal after the first few weeks
    I found out my sister's on it as well.

The doctor said it could take over 2 weeks for the duloxitine to be out the system worst case 2 months....

Main problem is I'd like to go out without having to worry about my t-shirt getting soaked from sweating mainly my back area,which only started right back when I was on serotonin.

Doctor told me to take it in the morning as it tends to give people an energy boost and I'd struggle to sleep on it,although my sister takes it twice a day morning and night??

My husband is now on Venlafaxine - again he had tiredness, but much less side effects than with any of the others. It's actually been a complete game changer for him and for all of us.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    There are 2 types of venlafaxine, a "normal" one and an extended release one. The "normal" one is 2 tablets
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Right I've been on Venlafaxine for about 6 weeks now.

I feel like my mood has improved quite a bit I went out for a meal last week with friends that's the first time I've been out socially in almost 18 months!

I'm still getting hot sweats, it feels like my body temperature is off that's the only side effect I'm still getting and it's still a big one Dr said venlafaxine shouldn't cause sweating although when you look online it's one of the side effects?

I’m so chuffed you’re starting to feel the benefits . Thing with side effects is they often reduce with time but talk to your doctor if you’re really struggling. It may be there’s something that could help
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Go back and talk to them, but if that's the only negative can you live with it?