Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the replies I've looked into the recover program but there's nothing at this time.

My boss has started to put a bit of pressure on me by suggesting maybe I go private but I've no idea how much that would cost,it's not helping as it's adding to the pressure that I'm going nowhere by sitting here waiting . I've stopped all communication with all my friends as I'm embarrassed and don't want to talk to them when I'm feeling down

Hi John. If you’re in the U.K. contact your local MIND, they should have details of any local CBT courses to you. Alternatively, you could look at online CBT - that’s often free though I’d recommend you get recommendations as the quality of such courses can vary. If your employer is pressurising you to have private treatment then, imho, your employer should be footing the bill for any private treatment!

Sweetie, why are you embarrassed to talk to your friends? Mental health affects 1 person in every 4 so is very common. It’s nothing to be ashamed of and doesn’t mean you’re weak - in my experience quite the opposite. Talking to friends can make a huge difference to mental health
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Julie
    Apps for mental health

There is an app that is free called woebot CBT based. You talk to an AI chatbot
    Headspace app is free and is mindfulness/ meditation ( GP recommended to a friend of mine that was stressed/anxiety)
    While you are waiting for Nhs therapy
    Hope your mood improves
    All the very best
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    Wished they'd let you edit posts!!

I've not tried meditation or mindfulness?

I've been trying to start exercising again even bought an expensive rowing machine to kick start me again but i just seem to look for excuses and cant get motivated
    Walking helps me so much , just a short walk even getting out being around even people I donÂ’t know helps me feel connected . Hope you feel better
    Last edited by Suzi; 01-08-18 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Merging posts. Please try not to double post minutes apart. Thanks!