Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Walker extraordinaire!
    John those are fab aren't they!!
    The sunflower lanyard, I believe, was designed with autism/asperger's/ sensory issues in mind....and Im sure other conditions I am not aware of long before this awful pandemic started.
    Facemasks are not going away anywhere fast so if it makes you feel easier to cope with shopping etc or being out in public then invest in one. Mental illness could definitely be classed as a hidden disability in my book so while it may not be the original intention, I believe if it makes life easier get one.
    I know people who have autism etc are concerned that other people using the lanyard may belittle their relevance or effectiveness but I dont think it will......if anything it has raised awareness of what they mean.
    You could always print off one of the govt cards discussed before and attach it to any lanyard to wear.

It's all about just giving each other respect to cope in a hard time. I have been in shops here where people haven't been wearing masks and none has said a word.
    I really struggle with masks too but I try and mostly manage, but sometimes I have to take it off even just for a few moments to breath. Most people give you a sympathetic or understanding look.....if they even notice.
    Whatever you decide, it has to work for you.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Flo (17-08-20),john82 (17-08-20),Suzi (17-08-20)