Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    At least you tried with the Buspirone and that's all anyone can ask and I guess that's part of having a review that you can discuss medication problems.
    I totally get the not wanting to wear a mask issue as I do find it a bit triggering too. It is probably better for your anxiety at this point to just wait in the car where you can breathe easier and you can always help with the carrying bags in and unpacking and help out that way.
    Ive been trying to get a hidden disability lanyard & card which I think will help although ills still be the odd one out if everyone's wearing a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    Ive been trying to get a hidden disability lanyard & card which I think will help although ills still be the odd one out if everyone's wearing a mask.
    The Sunflower Lanyard is NOT an excuse to get out of wearing a mask. It is to instruct staff that you have a condition that may involve you needing extra help and support. That said anxiety is on the list of conditions that are exempt from wearing a mask however my advice is to at least try giving the mask a go. Yes it is uncomfortable and unusual but it is for safety.

If however you feel that the lanyard is something that is beneficial to you other that not wearing a mask then go ahead. I’m all for the scheme and it’s made a big difference to me.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (13-08-20),Suzi (13-08-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    The Sunflower Lanyard is NOT an excuse to get out of wearing a mask. It is to instruct staff that you have a condition that may involve you needing extra help and support. That said anxiety is on the list of conditions that are exempt from wearing a mask however my advice is to at least try giving the mask a go. Yes it is uncomfortable and unusual but it is for safety.

If however you feel that the lanyard is something that is beneficial to you other that not wearing a mask then go ahead. I’m all for the scheme and it’s made a big difference to me.
    I never said it was an excuse not to wear a mask, the idea was that it would help me to get out and into the shops if I had something like that incase people confronted me as to why I wasn't wearing one.

As SM has said, you can just go onto the gov.uk website and print something off to explain why you’re not wearing a mask. You can do that today (https://assets.publishing.service.go...e_to_print.pdf)
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

john82 (13-08-20)

Yes so far they've mainly been bad days or meh days using an app called daylio.
    Are you just tracking the whole day? I've not heard of that app, hence I'm asking. Try tracking first thing you get up, morning, lunch, afternoon, evening, just before bed

Go to the hidden disabilities website and order one
    Although my husband and my children have fought through the anxiety by buying material ones which are much more comfortable than the hospital style ones..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I never said it was an excuse not to wear a mask, the idea was that it would help me to get out and into the shops if I had something like that incase people confronted me as to why I wasn't wearing one.
    My point is many people are abusing the scheme and think the sunflower lanyard is for mask exemption when it is nothing of the sort. There is no actual mask exemption “symbol”. If you can’t wear a mask don’t wear a mask. SM and Paula are right you can print out cards at home but again it’s not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    My point is many people are abusing the scheme and think the sunflower lanyard is for mask exemption when it is nothing of the sort. There is no actual mask exemption “symbol”. If you can’t wear a mask don’t wear a mask. SM and Paula are right you can print out cards at home but again it’s not necessary.
    https://hiddendisabilitiesstore.com/...-covering.html