Thread: New and running out of options! *SU Trigger*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dcalong
    Hi All,

Thank you for the quick replies, it really helps when you're feeling low and looking for a quick response!

Suzi, I did mention ER but I think that's from all the American web site I've been on, I am in the UK and should have said A&E.

Paula, thank you for the response and I've been to the doctors following my visit to A&E and they referred me to CBT, after three therapists they advised that they can't help. I'm thinking that medication may be the only solution but I really don't want to go down that route.

From a young age I've always been a happy go lucky person that will talk to anyone about anything and don't judge anyone. If things are going well then I'm fine and get along with anyone and in a lot of cases have been a support for a lot of people. The problem arises when something goes wrong or I accidentally say something to upset someone, they can end up not talking to me anymore and I constantly think it over and over. I've looked into bipolar but it's not that, I think it's because I find it difficult communicating and saying the right words. One person has been open and honest with me and said they find me hard to read and understand and sometimes my jokes come across as serious. She probably knew me better than anyone and I even managed to upset her one day, I apologised and was upset myself but even now she acts differently around me.

I'm looking at other counselling services now but the frustrating thing is that this keeps happening whenever I get close to anyone, relationships are impossible and yet to happen.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dcalong For This Useful Post:

Suzi (23-07-18)