Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Hi Noel and welcome . We’ve got a lot of members who, like you, have lived with this illness for a long time (I’m coming up to 30 years....). It’s a warm, supportive forum and a positive place to be

Did your doctor remind you that a change in dose will take several weeks to start having an impact?
Hi Paula , the doctor did remind me . The thing is in the past I tend to feel better
towards the end of summer even on the 100mg . But I am hoping the increase long term will help lessen the impact or chance of yearly relapse.
I don’t know why the summer triggers my depression but maybe it could be a simple dosage increase could keep me well all year , or at least make it a bit easier.
To be honest I was a member on here a few years ago but I didn’t really post much . Then I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 so joined a bipolar forum . But I feel like I am not convinced of the bipolar dx .
It is more like recurring summer seasonal affective disorder .
The sertraline has helped me but not enough to help all year . I forgot all my old log in details so thought it best to start a fresh .
Thanks for your reply 🙂