Thread: Advice on dealing with loneliness/hopelessness?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello, and welcome Corvus. I hope you get the energy to go see a doc and get some counceling, at start it can be awful but when the form of medication and therapy working for you is found, it can feel like mountains are lifted off your shoulders. It took me years to find what works for me, but I went from a total trainwreck to something alot less dramatic. I mean ofcourse I am still a hot mess and drive my family up the walls occasionally, but life is tolerable most of the time.

I am an introvert and have difficulties understanding what it is to be lonely, but I see how it affects my oldest son who has severe aspergers and add. It is heart breaking to see how he craves company of others, but have hard time blending In and being accepted. Sites like this Forum here are great. You can find people who get your situation. They understand how depression is nothing like simply feeling blue. I have spent alot of time reading posts here, and it blew my mind how caring complete strangers can be, and how outpouring support you can get here. I am new as well, and rarely post much. But it felt really like having another family around here. It is 5.30 am here now and I can't sleep. Reading people getting help to their stuff helps me when I can't handle myself or simply get overwhelmed with all the feelings and thoughts that got me off guard.

I hope you feel like home as much as I do here, because this forum has helped me more than my weekly sessions with therapist. And don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful one. But getting up and going there, seeing people and having to mimic socially acceptable behaviour just takes its toll on me. Social anxiety is something I can hide, but not get rid of. And it doesn't really help being socially awkward. I can be really blunt without realising it, and people think I am a callous and mean person even I really do care and worry for others. I can write stuff better than say it, so staying home and just texting people seems to save me alot of unpleasant face to face communication.

Please take your time reading posts here, I found them extremely helpful. People have habits and coping methods I never had even thought about, but trying them out, and modificating them was a game changer. Hope we can offer some support to you, and you find ways to ease your loneliness.

-Sissy

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (30-05-18),magie06 (30-05-18),OldMike (30-05-18),Paula (30-05-18),Suzi (30-05-18)