Thread: Advice on dealing with loneliness/hopelessness?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Corvus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Are you on any meds/having any counselling or CBT? That can help enormously. Also, your local Mind can be a good place to start.

What courses would you like to study?
    No medication or counselling. I did see a therapist for a bit but I have severe anxiety as well, so it was too stressful for me in the end. Might try it again if I can, since my anxiety is a bit better now. I've been out of education for so long that I don't really want to do any proper qualification type of courses just yet, just something more relaxed. I love languages so probably a language course, maybe photography or creative writing, one of those kinds of things

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    What about seeing if the recovery college has any courses you could at least start on?

Can I ask what the physical health issue was/is? You don't have to say of course
    Basically I have Celiac disease, which is an autoimmune condition caused by a gluten intolerance. It's kind of caused a lot of extra problems because it has an effect on the whole body, if that makes sense. I had to google recovery college but it actually sounds brilliant. I did want to do a course but I have anxiety so it's a scary thought, but if it's something where others are in a similar position as me, it might be less scary. Thank you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Corvus For This Useful Post:

Suzi (30-05-18)