Thanks everyone for the Dad condolences. It was sad for us but in a way I was glad that it happened so quickly. He had dementia as you know and it had recently begun to get the best of him. He had forgotten how to walk and how to feed himself (though he could eat as long as he was fed and he could walk with someone on either side holding him steady). So I believe the flu was a merciful way to pass. Asleep and not in pain and not scared.
Well, Suzi and Paula, the Great White is doing terrific! He's put some weight on and looks like an adult dog now. I will post some pictures. I've been rearranging the house, along with painting and getting rid of a lot of stuff, and I think it has GW a little bothered... he won't sleep in his bed and insists on laying in the middle of the room and I know that's not comfortable. But I hope to be done with the house sometime relatively soon and hopefully he will relax.
Mental Health update: I ALWAYS do much better when Springtime rolls around. I still have days where I try to figure everything out. Lisa comments on things I put on FB in odd, sweet ways, and of course it makes me feel good. Valerie and I are good. It's about the same as it was the last time I was on here. We do things together, but we do a lot of things apart. But I have gotten used to calling or texting friends (male and female) and asking them to go somewhere with me if Valerie's either gone, or doing something with her church or family. Which is pretty often. Apparently the Catholic church can keep a body busy! LOL But no crying jags or weeks of feeling bad. Mostly just a little stab of pain or sadness every now an again. So there's that
I'm heading to the gym! Please tell me how all of you are doing! Love to all! Dave