I don't know why, but whenever I'm generous bad things seem to happen, either to myself or to the person receiving my aid.

It happened again today; after my job interview (which went quite well, but no decision yet) I decided to pick up a fish sandwich. I was feeling happier than usual and the sandwiches were quite cheap, so I bought 2 in an attempt to reward myself.

Outside I noticed a homeless person, and after taking a minute to reconsider my initial decision to just walk past and eat everything on the train, I walked back and gave her one of the sandwiches, which she seemed to be quite greatful for.
Moments after I left, I heard a man shouting about a sandwich - when I turned to look back, what appeared to be an angry homeless man was running towards her.
Like the coward I am, I turned back to face where I was going and left them to it.

If I hadn't done anything, I'd have the guilt of not sharing when I had more than enough to spare.
Now I have the guilt of making someone angry with someone else and possibly causing a fight. I hope she's OK.