Thread: Erm hello *Trigger Warnings Miscarriage and SU*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would try to get an appointment with your GP. You have so much going on and not all treatment for depression involves meds. There are talking therapies out there that work very well for people.
    I think you've been extremely brave with all you've told us. Please have a look around and join in when ever you feel up to it. Welcome to DWD.

JUSTANOTHER
    Thank you

Hi and welcome. Your gp can talk to you about all sorts of ways to help you cope with your mental health - please make that appointment. Can I ask why you came off the meds?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JUSTANOTHER
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Hi and welcome. Your gp can talk to you about all sorts of ways to help you cope with your mental health - please make that appointment. Can I ask why you came off the meds?
    Hi Paula,

Thanks for the welcome.

I came off them because I felt numb and sad and that they hadn't really done anything for me for a long time. Initially I felt a boost. Then a drop. Then they upped the dosage and I felt even more numb. I don't really feel like they helped. They just make me feel nothing, which then makes me feel worse.

I was okay at first but over the last few months Ive felt like my menopause has started (my mum's started when she was really young), which has just made me lose all hope of having a child altogether. To be honest, I can't face trying again anyway in case I miscarry, and so that's it. This is it. This is my future.

I think Im mourning the loss of the child I'll never have.

I know there's adoption, and that has been a serious option on the cards for about 3 years now, but Ive looked into all the process and if you have a history of depression, the chances look pretty rubbish.

Hunni, first off I really think you need to talk to your doctor if you’re concerned about the menopause - getting your hormone levels checked will let you answer that concern, one way or another.

As to the anti depressants, that particular type may not work for you but there are many more, different ADs that may suit you better. Please don’t assume that, just because that one was not for you, that they all won’t work. Please just leave an open mind......

Have you considered foster Work?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.