Thread: Complete Dispair.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lonelyandafraid
    I am working at the moment yes. It’s the only thing that’s actually getting me out of the house and doing something productive. I actually love my job. When it’s comes to family, I have my fiancé but he works away with the army, so as you can imagine can be difficult to speak to. Also iv tried speaking to him but I don’t feel like he understands what I’m actually going through. He just keeps saying things are not that bad. But you try telling my brain that. On the close family side, my mum is the only person that knows what I’m going through, but I can’t talk to her about it as a lot of the issues I have are too do with her and I just don’t feel capable of speaking to her about it...yet. I just want to speak to someone who understands what it’s like to go through every single day wishing you are dead, telling yourself that your no good and useless and can’t even complete the simplest of tasks without them going wrong.

https://www.time-to-change.org.uk is a good site to look at to start the conversation with your family and friends. It might help your partner understand a little bit.

Hunni, you are not useless, that really is the illness talking. As for struggling with tasks, that’s also a symptom of depression. Things feel awful right now but you will get better

What’s meds are you on?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.