Thread: Meet the Team!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My turn!

I'm a 50+ lady in the USA, enjoying crone-hood as much as I can. I was diagnosed with depression formally in college years ago. Like some people suffering with depression, I have been lucky in that I haven't needed anti-depressants all my life: only in the deepest and blackest of times. That said, I still have days where getting out of bed is a struggle and coping at what most folks believe is a "normal" level is a huge stretch. For me, therapy helped me find the tools I need to combat my own demons.

I came to this website years ago, looking for help to make it from one moment to the next. I found that trying to help other people has helped me heal myself in ways I never would have guessed. There is no magic pill or wand to whisk depression away. No one can do it for us: it's part of our own journey and has to be managed in a personal way. What worked for me might not work for someone else.

In many ways I'm a hippie: I do things to help the Earth, embrace making slow food, garden, preserve food, and work with fiber. I walk a slightly different path than some, espousing Earth and Deity. I believe in love for all with no one neglected or forsaken.

Bright Blessings to you all!

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to MaraUT For This Useful Post:

amaeru (11-01-14),OldMike (04-01-16),Suzi (02-03-12)