Thread: Meet the Team!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mummyhill
    My Turn.

I have been a member of DWD since 2007 and think this site is a very valuable resource for those with depression, their families and friends.

I am in my thirties and have 3 lovely children.

I have suffered from depressive episodes since my teenage years. Which have varied in intensity. I also have anxiety/panic attacks and have self harmed in the past.

I also suffer from an under active thyroid and when my medication levels are wrong this can also cause depression.

Early episodes stemmed from bullying at school.

I have suffered post natal depression after each of the children. The worst bout of this culminated in a “well meaning” family member calling social services allegedly to help me. After jumping through hoops for social services and my current health visitor I was told that I could keep my children. This has however left me deeply scared. I have panic attacks over what could of happened, I also started self harming again during this time.

I have also seen what depression can do from the other side of the fence. My mother and my grandmothers have suffered from depression/anxiety for as long as I can remember. My father in law also had a break down due to many stresses in his life not long after I had the brush with social services.

I am still under the psychiatrist and I am looking to the future with hope.
    Last edited by Mummyhill; 16-02-12 at 06:16 AM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mummyhill For This Useful Post:

amaeru (11-01-14),Suzi (02-03-12)